All dealerships that operate under the Ed Napleton Automotive Group are closely following the health and safety recommendations determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) amidst the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
As a family-owned and operated business, the health and safety of its employees and customers is the highest priority for the group. That is why the retail locations that sell and service vehicles across the country are taking preventive measures to keep these communities healthy.
Each dealership is closely following direction from the CDC regarding regular cleaning and sanitizing as one of the most important measures against the spread of COVID-19. Below is a list of precautions the group is taking at each retail store to ensure a safe experience for all.
Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, including:
- Vehicle handles, steering wheels, infotainment touch screens
Cleaning workspaces frequently, including the:
- Service areas
Requiring employees to clean hands often by:
- Washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after being in a public place, nose-blowing, coughing, or sneezing
- Using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Covering all surfaces of hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry
- Making hand sanitizer available to customers
- Avoiding touch to nose, eyes, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Covering mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of elbow
- Throwing used tissues in the trash
- Sick employees are not to report to work
As the world continues to adapt to this rapidly evolving situation, the group will maintain standard business hours while employing an elevated sense of responsibility to keep everyone who comes into the group’s dealerships safe.
You can view an official statement on every retail location website, or read it right here at the group’s flagship page: https://www.ednapleton.com/coronavirus-covid-19-response.htm.