Honda Motor Company is the top-winning brand for the annual Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards, which recently ranked the best performing vehicles across all major models with a 2020 year in its preface.
The Japenese automaker earned wins in more categories than any other brand, led by the 2020 Honda Civic as a six-time winner in the Compact Car category.
The Civic was joined by its sedan counterpart in the Accord, the CR-V SUV, and Odyssey van, which have each won their respective categories in five of the past six years, and by the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, repeating its class victory for a third time, according to a press release from Honda.
Every year, Kelley Blue Book evaluates the best performing models through testing nearly every new vehicle available in the United States. These judgments are based on criteria like vehicle pricing, 5-Year Cost-to-Own data, consumer reviews and ratings, and vehicle sales information
A complete list of hardware that Honda took home as a result of KBB’s evaluation includes the following:
- 2020 Honda Civic – Compact Car: Calling it the “benchmark for the compact car segment,” Kelley Blue Book editors praised Civic’s blend of sport and practicality, along with its variety of choices in body styles, trims and engines (6-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Accord – Midsize Car: Singled out as the “quintessential family car,” Kelley Blue Book editors noted that Accord continues to deliver on high expectations, with a comfortable ride and capable performance, excellent value, and handsome styling (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda CR-V – Compact SUV: The recently refreshed 2020 CR-V stood out to Kelley Blue Book editors with its clean styling, comfortable and roomy interior, easy-to-drive demeanor, and highly anticipated new CR-V Hybrid model, coming early in 2020 (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Odyssey – Minivan: The Odyssey’s safety technology and performance, long-term value, 8-person capacity, and refined driving manners continue to make it a top pick in the Minivan category (5-time winner).
- 2020 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid – Plug-In Hybrid Car: Praised for its driving dynamics, roomy interior and plug-in powertrain, the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid has won a Best Buy Award for three straight years.
South Korean automaker Hyundai also performed well by taking a number of awards home. The 2020 Hyundai Kona was named “Best Subcompact SUV” and the 2020 Santa Fe earned honors for “Best Mid-Size SUV.”