Nismo Off-Road Parts are widely known as the way to spell performance for Nissan owners. An abbreviation of NISsan MOtorsports, it is the fifty-year-old performance division of the brand, responsible for purposefully pushing the envelope of Nissan products around the world.
Already legendary in off-roading circles, The Nissan Frontier will debut an array of new NISMO off-road parts at the longest, most demanding off-road rally in the United States, the 2020 Rebelle Rally. Beginning Oct. 8 and finishing Oct. 17, it runs from Lake Tahoe to the California Imperial Sand Dunes.
Napleton.news has some very mild off-roading experience under our belts. Except for the fact we are the wrong sex, we would love to participate in such a great off-road rally. We say that because the Rebelle Rally is only open to female driving teams.
A NEW LINE OF NISMO OFF-ROAD PARTS
Just in time for the Rebelle Rally, NISMO has introduced a new line of off-road parts, including a high-performance suspension kit, off-road lighting, off-road wheels and an off-road, winch-capable steel bumper. These and other NISMO parts are available for the 2005-2020 model year Frontier, 2016-2021 Titan and 2005-2015 model year XTerra, later this year. There will also be parts for the upcoming next-generation Frontier. All NISMO parts will be available at Nissan Dealers, select NISMO retailers and online at NISMOParts.nissanusa.com.
The NISMO parts are released in several different groupings.
Nissan’s off-road Performance Suspension Kit
- Specifically tuned for the added weight of over-landing equipment. It features monotube gas-charged shocks with digressive valving that reacts with the most challenging terrain conditions.
- Front and rear shocks allow additional wheel travel. Rear shocks include remote reservoir technology to ensure optimum performance under the most dramatic conditions.
- The NISMO shocks can provide up to a 2-inch lift over the stock ride height.
NISMO Off-Road Bumper
- It’s the first in a series of new off-road bumpers for Nissan trucks and SUVs.
- Constructed of High-Strength Steel with Powder-coated finish.
- Weighs only 105 pounds.
- Include two attachment points for recovery shackles and lights. Designed to be winch capable.
NISMO Off-Road Lighting
- New LED lighting developed in partnership with Rigid Industries.
- Will be available with a lineup a selection of pod lamps (round and square) and light bars in various sizes and beam patterns.
- First available in 6-inch round driving lamps with an output of 8,600 lumens.
- Light kits will include directions, harness, switch and NISMO-branded covers.
NISMO OFF-ROAD WHEELS
- Custom-designed for NISMO
- Size: 17×7.5-inch, Bolt Pattern 6×114.3; Backspacing: +30mm; Load-rated for 1,950 lbs.
- Axis Gray Painted Finish
- NISMO center cap
- Designed and tested to SAE aftermarket wheel standards.
NISMO-SPONSORED TEAM WILD GRACE
Co-piloted by Team Wild Grace teammates, Sedona Blinson and Lyn Woodward, the 2020 Nissan Frontier features an all-new powertrain with best-in-class 310 horsepower. The pair look to improve on their sixth-place overall finish during last year’s rally.
“We’ve taken the 2020 Frontier on a couple of trial runs, and it’s been an absolute rock star,” said Woodward. “I’m very excited about the extra power in the V6 – it’s a solid truck and it’s what you need to compete out here. Our first goal is to always compete hard, but I don’t see any reason why Sedona and I can’t win it all this year,” she exclaimed.